The Corona virus pandemic Covid-19 claimed its first life in district Attock as a man who was under treatment at Islamabad died of virus and buried under strict safety protocol in Hazro on Tuesday. The district health authorities have confirmed that it is first confirmed death due to corona virus Covid-19 in the district.
District focal person for Covid-19, Dr Asif Arbab Niazi told newsmen that 72 years old Abdul Haq- a resident of Ghorghusti of thesil Hazro was tested positive on April 9 and was under treatment at a hospital where he breathed his last on early hours of Monday. He said that total number of Covid-19 positive cases in the district is ten including nine pilgrims who recently returned from Iran. Responding a question, he said that so far screening of as many as 1708 suspected cases has been completed in the district.
Rescue 1122 tehsil Hazro incharge Muneeb Qureshi told this journalist that Mr Haq was buried as per safety protocol of coronavirus Covid-19 under the supervision of Police and security forces. He said that only member of rescue teams have performed the funeral prayer and burial with full safety gear. He said no family member was allowed to participate and only rescue officials performed his last rituals as per safety protocol.
In part of coronavirus Covid-19 measures, the district health authorities on Tuesday carried out disinfection spray and sealed a private health centre in the Hazro where the deceased remained under treatment for many days before being shifting to a public sector hospital in Islamabad. Meanwhile district health authorities have taken the samples for Covid-19 and quarantined the family members of the deceased. “They are kept under isolation and their symptoms are being monitored around the clock”. Said Hazro city Chief officer Municipal committee Sardar Aftab Khan.
According to the officer , the street where the deceased was living was sealed and all the 60 houses in which around 230 residents are living located in the street have also been quarantined Announcements were also made through mosques, directing people to remain in their houses and security agencies have started patrolling to ensure lockdown. Police and security agencies have established pickets on the roads leading to the street to suspend entry and exit with deployment of MC and Police staff. The Deputy Commissioner Ali Annan Qammar along with health and police officials visited the area where Mr Haq was living and monitored the disinfection and quarantine steps taken by local administration.
Separately, 17 persons including three physicians and one barber samples for Covid-19 were taken and also quarantined after a man with whom they interacted tested positive of coronavirus Covid-19. According to health authorities, a man identified as Asghar Ali- a resident of Kambalpur Syidian Attock city was tested positive of corona virus Covid-19 on Monday. “Following which his twelve family members including his brothers, sisters, nephew and niece and three physicians and one barber were quarantined and their health condition are regularly monitored”. Said Dr Asif Arbab Niazi.
Meanwhile Qazi Ahmed Akbar- spokesman of Punjab government who belongs to area has urged masses to stay home and follow the medical expert advice regarding social distancing. He asked the residents of the area to remain peaceful and there is no need of panic as situation is under control while health department and anti corona virus teams are working around the clock in colorization of the area. Mr Qazi also made an appeal to the people of Hazro to cooperate with the administration regarding the implementation of government’s instructions to ensure social distancing and expressed the hope that if the public continues its cooperation situation will come to normalcy soon.